Globalisation is essentially the unification of economies by the removal of barriers that are not conducive to international trade. Societies, cultures and trade has also become increasingly integrated through technological advancements in communication and transportation. This increased economic globalisation and relentless rise in international trade has created an increased need for international reward and recognition programmes. Multi-country reward schemes have a specific set of challenges that need to be considered and addressed to ensure a successful programme.
1. Ensure that rewards are issued in local languages; multi-language functionality can be the most valuable feature of a global rewards programme. However make sure it is accurate, errors in translations can be viewed very negatively.
2. Make sure you cater for countries that have more than one national language e.g. Canada has Canadian French and American English as national languages. To ignore one is to isolate your target audience.
3. If possible ensure that any rewards dispatched are denominated in the local currency to maximise the impact of the rewards e.g. Recipients in France should receive rewards denominated in Euros and recipients and Denmark should receive rewards in Danish Kroner etc.
4. Different cultures are motivated by different rewards. A local reward offering which is desirable in each country participating is required. Try to incorporate as many of the following reward types to ensure demographics and cultural differences is not a factor in your recognition programme;
Gift Vouchers & E-certificates Virtual & Gift Cards Closed & Open Loop Cards Experience Vouchers
5. The same reward value in one country may have a completely different value in another, so take this into account. Equity between the different countries involved in the scheme is essential.
6. Ensure that full customer support and after care services are available internationally. Considerations here relate to differences in time zones and languages.
This is a preview of
Launching An International Rewards Programme? – Top Tips
. Read the full post (407 words, estimated 1:38 mins reading time)